Monday, April 19, 2010

10km Race completed!


Hello everyone

I'm just checking in to report that I have survived my first 10km road race! Yay! I'm happy to report that it went much better than I expected. I think what may have saved me was that I didn't do it too fast and paced myself as I wanted to finish strong at the end. So I took it easy for the first 5km by walking all the uphills and running on the downhills and then basically ran the last 5km or so. I think I finished in about just over 1:30 which was my goal but I'm not too sure about the exact time.

Last night my thighs were a little stiff but I am surprised that I have no major aches and pains to report today. I thought I would be in a lot more pain. If you are thinking of running a 10k race, you should definitely do it!! I think a 10k is just about the right distance for it to be a race and bearable.

So yes, don't think about it, do it! I need to find out when the next 10k race is!

XOXO

* pic from weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment