Friday, January 15, 2010

Review: The September Issue


Yesterday I spent some quality time with myself and went to see " The September Issue."

Its a documentary that revolves around Anna Wintour and the making of the biggest issue of Vogue magazine, i.e. The September 2007 issue. It s a great film for anyone who loves magazines(like I do!) and who has any interest in fashion.

I think what drew me to the film was the chance to see what makes one of the most powerful women in the American fashion industry tick. You get to see a bit into Anna's life and past but I think that the actual hero of the film is her Creative Director, Grace, a former model who worked for British Vogue and now Amercian Vogue for more than 20 years. She was more of an inspiration in the film than Anna, I think...Its also interesting that the most powerful women in the American fashion industry are both British!

I give this movie 4 fab stars and would recommend you see it!

If you have seen it, I'd love to hear what your thoughts are!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment